Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Week Recap

Okay peeps, this will be short and sweet.  I have approximately five minutes between the little one eating a snack and the big one waking up from his nap.  So, here it goes...

Day One:

Not too bad, I can do this.  Professors seem pretty cool so far.  Piece of cake.

Day Two:

Punched smack dab in the face by the reality of my schedule for the next four months.  The only thing that made me not hurl right there in class was that I looked around me and saw exactly how I was feeling plastered on the faces of my classmates.  Drove home with a big knot in my stomach.

Day Three:

Very long day.  Class from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.  This was the first day of the dreaded "PHARM", aka Pharmacology!  Apparently this is the Mount Everest of the semester.  So much so that there are about seven extra people in this class because they were in our shoes a year ago and didn't make it.  However, the professor was very cool and so far has explained how the course works better than any other of the professors.  Pretty nervous about this class.

Day Four:

Uh, I really don't remember.  I'm pretty sure we had class, clinic orientation and a lab in there somewhere.  Mind. Is. Getting. Foggy.

Day Five:

Another very long day.  Dosage calculations in the morning.  The first exam is next Friday and you need a 90% to pass.  You only get three attempts at this exam and then it's so long city!  By the end of the day all the faces in the room were glossed over with a "get me outta here" look.  Mine included.

The weekend:

Trying to get organized.  In the past year and a half I have been used to only two classes at a time.  Bam, now it's five, two of which have labs!  Spent most of the day Saturday studying Pharm and then the rest of the night worrying about what I neglected while studying said Pharm. 

So basically I need a good system, fast!  Organization city here I come! 

I am proud to announce that the only breakdown I had was while folding clothes the other night when I realized I won't be able to take my boys to the first day of pre-school.  Momentary cry session, happens to the best of us.  Almost had a breakdown in the school supply aisle at Wal Mart this morning trying to figure out my new system.  I left when I realized I was shaking. 

I have met a great group of people at school already.  We've established a core study group and I think once we all get on the same page (hopefully they're are feeling as frazzled as I am right not) we'll be just fine. 

In the back of my mind I'm wondering if there will be any empty seats in class tomorrow morning.  But I can tell you one thing, mine will be OCCUPIED! 

I really have no clue when I'll have the time and/or brain power to blog again, so this is so long for now people! 

Oh, and if any of you hear a knock at your door and open it to find two really cute little boys on your doorstep...please, just feed them and keep them alive until I return.  Thank you in advance. 

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I know your peers are grateful that you could put all this into words! Remember the end result and take one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete